Saturday, July 23, 2016

Difficulties upon difficulties

First of all, my most recent appointment this week with Oncology was fantastic! I continue to be in remission and, for the most part, there is no detectable evidence of the cancer! Wooohoo! 

But, my stomach issues persist. For the past several weeks, my stomach has been very bad. So, like a good patient, I reported this to my doctor. And, like a good doctor, he prescribes an increased dosage of a medication that the insurance gives a difficult time in authorizing. So, from that point, another medication suggestion, over the counter (OTC), then another prescription, and then? Of course, a reaction. From that point, having to get into communication with the doctor's office has been like trying to put an elephant through the eye of the needle. Sure the reference is a camel, but in this instance? An elephant. For nearly three weeks, the difficulties persisted. I was seen in my primary's office yesterday and we discussed this. What is so profoundly frustrating is that no one had called me back. Not that I am asking for something unreasonable; but, I am asking for some simple recognition that something has gone wrong. When I related these events to my primary, there were some very interesting comments, body language and efforts to compensate for the lack of services. Laughter. Yes, laughter is a great medication! It is medicine that we need on a constant basis. But, it is also a sign of stress or when there is little understanding about how to handle a situation. I have seen this with my doctor on multiple occasions. I would really like to know one thing: Is my medical team able to handle my care? Will I need to look for a more qualified office? Come the beginning of the week, I will be taking some time to discuss matters with the Office Manager and ask some very blunt question. I would like answers. I will get them.

Now, my upcoming projects are really set in front of me. While my cancer is in remission, I have been told that I have shin splints So, my next project is to figure out what to do for them. My doctor is going to refer me for imagery and from there what to do. This will definitely impact my jobs and with as much walking as I do, I need to be doing some other exercises. So, I was thinking, should I do more exercises in bed to compensate for this and to be off my feet? One thing for certain, I am going to get down to the bottom of things and to be certain to get my exercises in as well. I am really not thrilled with what I see in my medical team with this one and I need to be able to feel confident that it will be ok.

Hoping. Wishing Caring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment