Wednesday, July 22, 2020

GI ... Jane

There always seems to be something that really upsets the apple cart. But, keeping moving along. I wonder at times at how some people manage to get into healthcare and stay there. Monday, I had my follow-up appointment with my GI, Dr. KK. It was good to see him; he looked thinner than what I had seen him last. I had asked if he was well and the LPN had said that he had been very busy because of the COVID issue. So, it is colonoscopy time and we have to determine what will be done to prepare for it. So, this was a storm. While I have had diarrhea for years and have done my best to keep it from worsening, I have had two GIs and neither one had made any suggestion about what to do to prevent it. So, I had decided to take psyllium husk. You would imagine that someone might have given me some direction. When I asked the doc about this, he smiled and apparently had been quite happy at this. So, humbly, I had indicated that I would like to remain on the product for as long as I can because it has done a great job and reversing the diarrhea. Oh, by the way, when you are being asked about the symptoms of COVID, never admit because if you have had this condition for YEARS, that is NOT NOT NOT COVID. I had asked the LPN why neither doc could have told me about this years ago? No answer but a quiet nod. This spoke volumes. At times, I feel that they view me as human detritus. So, managing through is what I am doing.

So, the colonoscopy is on the way. I have time to prepare because I will need to isolate myself when I am preparing. The procedure for the colonoscopy now is: five days prior to the exam, I must have a COVID test and then await the results. IF it is positive, then the exam is rescheduled and then I must wait for the test to come back clean. Mind you, and did you know that this is now becoming the standard for many clinics and hospitals. Prior to tests, surgeries, and etc, a COVID must be conducted. With clinics opening up and more hospitals taking patients for procedures, this adds to the raw data for the tests. If you are tested positive, the test can be done multiple times which in turn adds to the raw data appearing that the virus is spiking when indeed it has not.

So, more things are coming out from this. I am not looking forward to the test, but it is just a matter of nothing. So, I am telling myself. I am going to have this done at the hospital because I am a difficult start. I had an exam last year which left a huge bruise on my forearm. I showed the nurse this and so it was proven that I need to have better prep, which of course, it done at the hospital. So, my colonoscopy will be done there. This does not bother me a bit. I just do not want a COVID test with a cotton swab that is about 18 inches long. Oh, I need prayers!

As always, I will keep you posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment