Saturday, December 12, 2020

How we move forward

Well, a full day after the communication with the Director of Quality Control of Clinic operations, I have had. She spoke with the two clinic administrators and she has wondered if I would be willing to have a three party meeting from the clinic. I said no. There has been opportunity for many months for this to happen and it has not brought up except for now. This is not good for me. If they were serious about the manner in which my care was conducted, they would be concerned. But, because I did speak up, and pressed with many players in the clinic, there was conversation. I had tried to take it in-house with little response except for "sounds like you are unhappy at the clinic". This was a red-herring about what needs to be done within the clinic and I am aware of that. They have been put on notice that there are others that are aware of their behavior--all three including Doctor. So, next? Do I contact the State of Washington or the Board of Oncologists? 


So, what next? I have been referred to another oncology clinic. I am not pleased with this clinic that I am being referred to and do not want to go. I would simply prefer not to go. But, with all that is going on? If something were to happen to me and I need to go back to State insurance, that clinic will not accept me. So, I would rather not take the risk. In 2010 when I was diagnosed, they did not want to take me. So, what has changed? 


I am determined and I will continue to study as I have told her that I would. I was told, at work, to lower my expectations of others. So, I told this person just that. I was told that I needed to lower my expectations. So, I will lower my expectations of my medical team and not expect them to do anything. Is that right? Well, they do not do anything to begin with so it makes no difference. I will continue as I have done but with a great expectation of what I need to do regardless of others. I will continue. 




No comments:

Post a Comment