Saturday, December 5, 2020

Thoughts upon thoughts

 Ten years ago, I walked into the oncology clinic as a self-referral for breast cancer. I had no idea what I would be engaging in and what would be expected for me in all of this. I had no idea what the future would bring, who would bring it and what would be left behind. Now, 10 years, four months later, I have had a battle that no one should ever have to be part of. Three oncologist later, two surgeries, six rounds of chemotherapy, 33 rounds of radiation, metastatic breast cancer later, a naturopath, breast cancer navigator and hundreds of pills later, I am here to day to say that things could have gone much better. 


This week, I called the CMO's office to file a complaint and request for some assistance. When I spoke to the exec secretary, I called to say that I wanted to change oncologists and listed the reasons why. She said that she took down five pages of notes and that she would contact the CMO responsible for that clinic. Here we go. I placed in summary that I have been subject to neglect and from that point, I want things changed. So, will this go anywhere? Will I be taken seriously? I was told that I would get a call on Friday (end of the week) and this is Saturday. I told her that even if she called at the beginning of the week, that would be great and welcomed. 


What can I expect from this conversation? Will it be good to return back to the clinic? I wonder. It has me a  bit concerned. 






No comments:

Post a Comment