Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Brat Pack

After a while, this "brat pack" consisted of three guys and myself. Two of them had proposed to me. Although I had had a lot of "fun" going to the singles group functions, I could not see really getting into an intimate relationship at that time. But! I did have a lot of fun. We would go to a regular restaurant and have fellowship. I loved that! I have always had a crazy sense of humor. I love a good got and to get a good got. These guys were so funny that they could roll with the punches. Unfortunately, we had so much fun at the expense of another of the guys. For months we had done this--meet and enjoy fellowship. At some point, the guys would pay for my dinner. I had to admit that this was very new to me; I did expect that a "good man" should know that he is to take care of a woman's needs and paying for dinner/meal would be part of that.

We became an inseparable group. When at church, we would sit together and razz each other during service. It would be fun to bring in mints into the sanctuary and pass them around. However, I did not realize that this "brat pack" was becoming more dysfunctional. These relationships were very subtle. Then one of the other guys had gotten on the "radar" of one of the heads at the church. Not too much longer did this individual get shuffled out and we did not see him much longer. Just the same, we would go all places together.

Then at one time, I was asked if it was ok to come over to my home and meet my family. I had to admit that it was a great aspect. I did want my family to approve of the individuals that I had met and this was great. My Uncle was a hoot though. I had gotten the speech about having men in the home and not being chaperoned. That was great! I had gotten the speech!

I do remember that this guy had shown up dressed nice and smelled very good. I was impressed. One of my greatest weaknesses is a well-dressed, clean shaven, nicely groomed man that smells good. I suppose this was the point that I was really hooked. We were becoming more of a couple at this point and I was happy for that to happen. He knew how much I was lonely and how much I had longed for affection. It was very obvious.

Pressing on. Pushing on. Approaching doors.

1 comment:

  1. When I think back on these events, I remember my aunt saying to me, "Honey, you deserve to be happy." To this day, now that she has passed away, I do not know if she ever realized that I was raped. I hope that it was forgotten or not even realized.

    ReplyDelete